Directs and oversees the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure Clearwater's Product Development functions (Research and Development working jointly with Product Management) meet our company's project delivery objectives. These objectives are centered around delivering (deploying to production) the projects on the company roadmap. This is a new function at Clearwater, and the manager will help develop the processes, tools, and mechanisms for defining and measuring project delivery KPIs, communicating effectively to the rest of the firm periodic progress toward our goals, and assist development leaders with budgeting and resource planning across the R&D organization. Will report to the director of R&D, a 250+ person organization currently. Will manage a small team of project manager direct reports.
- Own, lead, and manage technical software and data development projects to overall success
- Communicate project statuses in a timely manner to stakeholders
- Be the manager between senior stakeholders, business units, and technical/other teams
- Work closely with Development Managers, Architects, Product Managers, other functional managers to drive successful program and process execution.
- Drive project scope activities, deliverables, schedules, budgets and tasks list
- Assist leadership in assessing resource capacity and allocation needs across development teams
- Ensure features are decomposed into executable user stories.
- Track/manage projects from initiation to successful completion, identify and escalate issues, and resolve problems and changes
- Support and promote quality assurance goals for all projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience using project management methodologies in a product development environment
- Product delivery experience
- Friendly, customer centric (internal and external), motivated, focused personality
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience in problem solving, process improvement methods, and business re-engineering methods
- Ability to define project management processes, tools and templates as required for the project
- Use of strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills required in tandem with diplomacy and organizational awareness
- Effective writing skills with emphasis on succinct and clear information communication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understand and represent Executive Management's perspective, issues, and requirements
- Skilled in the use of project planning tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to manage changing priorities within a highly dynamic environment
Desired experience and skills:
- Background in SaaS development is highly desired
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Software development, QA experience, PMP Certification, Total Quality Management training, Six Sigma training, meeting facilitation training, and process mapping experience are all pluses
What we offer:
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning and growth opportunities
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Business casual atmosphere
- Brand new office in the heart of downtown Boise
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of their investment portfolio data with a world-class product and client-centric servicing. Clearwater offers a full complement of middle- and back-office solutions like trade confirm/affirm, client billing, composite management, client statements, and more.
Each day, the Clearwater solution reports on more than $3 trillion in assets for clients that include Cisco, Facebook, Oracle, Starbucks, J.P. Morgan, AIG, Mutual of Omaha, Knights of Columbus Insurance, CopperPoint Mutual Company, C.V. Starr & Co., Wilton Re., WellCare Health Plans, Arch Capital, and many others.
Since its founding in 2004, Clearwater has provided a cloud-native solution that helps investors make the most of their data. Investment professionals in more than 25 countries trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.