Linux Systems Engineer
Clearwater Analytics is looking for talented individuals who thrive on solving problems and developing new skills. Clearwater offers a competitive compensation package, exposure to cutting-edge financial Market issues & information, business casual workplace, beautiful surroundings and work-life balance.
We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to provide exemplary support to employees and clients. A successful candidate will have a mixture of technical and customer services skills.
Troubleshoot and resolve unique system/application problems without a predefined solution.
Responding to monitoring and ticket alerts.
Analyzing application and system logs.
Local and remote user support.
Provide end user support and PC maintenance
Operating system maintenance
Participate in on-call rotation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, understanding and communicating effectively both inside & outside the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, applications, processes and technologies.
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experiencing working with both physical and virtualized environments.
- Highly proficient with the Linux/Unix command line and Linux/Unix administration.
- Shell Scripting Experience (i.e. Bash/Ksh/sh, Python, Ruby)
- Basic knowledge of Windows administration (i.e. troubleshooting services, logging)
- Understanding of fundamental technologies and concepts i.e. FTP/SFTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, LDAP, NFS, File Systems.
- Networking knowledge in LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with managing/troubleshooting production systems/applications.
- Knowledge of systems and applications monitoring concepts and related applications.
- Understanding of configuration management software (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Familiarity with Ticketing Software Such (i.e. Zen Desk, Jira, etc).
CompTIA Network +
CompTIA Security +
What we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision through Regence Blue Shield
- 401k Match
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Flex/Core Hours
- Work/Life Balance