Lead Systems Software Engineer
Why Clearwater Analytics?
- Opportunities to learn new things
- We host an annual development conference with 20+ presentations, labs and demonstrations
- ‘Lunch & learns’ where teams will choose a topic or technology and dig in
- Our developers attend conferences both locally and regionally
- We also host our developer’s local user groups
- The majority of our engineer’s day is spent solving challenging problems
- We do our best to hire sharp engineers and let them be engineers
- We have over 30 development teams working together in a micro services architecture and an Agile environment
- We use cutting edge technologies
- Our main code base is written in Java with a Microsoft SQL Server back-end
- We also have some teams & projects utilizing functional programming languages like Clojure along with MongoDB
- We lean on our engineers to keep their ear to the ground as we certainly want to hear if there are other tools out there that may be useful to us
- Clearwater offers a competitive compensation and benefit package
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits through Regence Blue Shield, 401k match, PTO and paid holidays, relocation assistance
- Business Casual workplace with beautiful surroundings in a centrally located, downtown office
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a team alongside other talented engineers developing quality software that is used by some of the world’s largest technology firms, fixed income asset managers, and custodian banks
- Owning critical processes that are highly available and scalable
- Producing tremendous feature enhancements and reacting quickly to emerging technologies
- Encouraging collaboration and stimulating creativity
- Helping mentor entry-level developers
- Contributing to design and architectural decisions
- Providing leadership and expertise to our ever-growing workforce
- 5 years of Software Development experience, including hands-on development work and object-oriented design.
- 2 years of experience leading and managing engineering teams.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or shell scripting.
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Understanding of continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Nice to have:
- 2 years of experience in a software engineering role with a devops or infrastructure focus.
- 2 years of experience creating scalable infrastructure for a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with a cloud platform such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Strong experience in Lean Agile development concepts and knowledge of JIRA or similar tools.
Health/Dental/Vision through Regence Blue Shield
Employer 401k Match
Employer HSA Contributions
Central Downtown Location